To reserve a place with the SSD at KDU College Penang
Campus, you must:
- Fill in the Accommodation Application Form 2013 and submit it to the SSD at least four weeks prior to the start of the semester
- Upon confirmation of availability, a RM 100 booking fee* is to be paid
* The booking fee wili be used to offset the rental payment for the term
* Booking fee is NOT refundable if you wish to cancel the booking or terminate the reservation.
Contact SSD three weeks before the beginning of the semester to confirm your acceptance of acommodation
- Fix a date with the SSD to collect your keys and move into your room
Before collecting your keys:
- Sign a housing tenancy
- Pay the housing deposit of RM 180 for non airconditioned/ RM 580 for air-conditioned room.
- Make a full payment of the rental for the term.
The applicants can obtain the Accommodation Application Form 2013 from the SSD.
Renewal of Tenancy
- Residents who wish to continue their stay at the hostel for the following term are required to renew their tenancy one month before the end of the current term, so that they can be given priority before the next intake. Forms can be obtained from the SSD.
- The housing deposit of RM180/ RM580 will then be carried forward to the following term.
- A reservation fee equivalent to one month's rental of the room type preferred needs to be paid.
- A late payment fee of RM 50 per week will be imposed on all unpaid housing fees after the first 14 days of intake.
Termination of Tenancy
- A one-month notice must be given when a resident does not wish to continue staying in the accommodation assigned.
- Students are required to fill in the hostel deposit refund form when requesting for the return of housing deposit.
- The refund will only be processed when students return the house keys to the SSD.
- The room rental for the term is NOT refundable.
Deposits and Refunds
- The housing deposit of RM 180 / RM 580 will only be refunded upon the termination of the resident's tenancy. All fines due to loss, damages, misconduct or breaking of hostels rules must be paid prior to the final examinations, Residents failing to settle the fines by then may be barred from sitting for their final examinations,
- Room rental is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Students who have paid the booking fee are required to check in within the first seven days of the semester, otherwise accommodation reserved will be offered to other students. BOOKING FEE IS NOT REFUNDABLE.